Don’t be fooled. It is not boating insurance. Inland Marine insurance, sometimes called a “floater” policy, provides coverage for property that does not primarily remain at a specific location. This coverage is intended for property that moves from location to location, is located off-premises/at a temporary location, or is kept at jobsite locations.


There are various types of inland marine coverages that provide coverage to expansive and unique property situations, including:


Builders Risk

Insurance coverage for building materials, fixtures, and/or equipment used in the course of construction

Contractors Equipment

Coverage for mobile equipment, machinery, and tools used in construction, installation, and/or repair

Installation Floater

Coverage for owned property that is being installed by a contractor

Customer Bailee

Coverage for damage/loss to customer goods that are in your care, custody, and control

Property In Transit

Coverage for damage/loss to any goods or equipment in transit, over land, from one location to another.

Motor Truck Cargo

Coverage for damage/loss of property while in transit


Commercial Auto

Provides Automobile Liability and Physical Damage coverage for “autos” used in your business. “Autos” can include cars, trucks, vans, trailers, or other vehicles designed for use on public roads.


Commercial Package / Business Owners Policy

Commercial Package / Custom coverage that combines two or more coverage forms, such as: Property, Liability, Business Auto, Inland Marine, and Crime.


“What our clients say”

“Goodman Venegas' expertise has helped us with our standard general liability, workers' compensation, and auto policies as well as leading us in our search for cost savings in our medical insurance policies.”-Willford (Bill) Ebright, Controller-Production Services Management Inc. (Saline, MI)


We’re here for you. If you need help, would like to find out more about our agency, or if you are ready to request an insurance discovery session, then let’s talk.

  • 2800 Livernois Road, Suite 170
  • Troy, MI 48083
  • MAP IT!